Friday, August 6, 2010

Damn!!! The new Eminem record and the Arby's value menu are both equally amazing!

My brother, Cameron, once said that the mark of a classy establishment was when they serve Pepsi, rather than Coca Cola. I disagree. To me, the biggest indicator of an establishment's level of class is whether or not toilet seat liners are available in the restroom. Also, I prefer Coca Cola.

It's been about 4 weeks since I wrote here, and it hasn't been uneventful. Quiet Company did 3 more shows with one of my favorite bands of all time, The Toadies. One of those shows was a sold out crowd (1725+ people) at the House of Blues in Houston. I could get incredibly spoiled by the House of Blues. I've never been treated so well or played in a venue so nice. They carried our stuff for us, they fed us, we even had a real green room. It was like they actually cared about the opening band. We also played another show with Bob Schneider at the House of Blues in Dallas, and had a similarly awesome experience. That show wasn't sold out, though. We had to make due with only playing to about 1400 people there.

We had another song (The Biblical Sense of the Word) played on The Real World and this time we saw a huge spike in our Itunes sales in the following days. We made the top 50 on that first day, even.

Speaking of TV, there's a new show coming on ABC this September called "My Generation," and at least one episode features some pretty awesome montage acting by Quiet Company. So we're going to be on TV as a real band, playing a fake version of...ourselves. It's weird. Anyway, stay tuned to all the QC pages for more information about all of that.

Leah has left me to journey across the pond to visit her sister in London and won't return until the middle of next week. Needless to say, I'm having a great time. PARTY!!! PARTY!!! PARTY!!!!

I'm kidding, of course. I miss the hell out of her. My mom is in town to take care of Harper while I'm at work so Harper is having a good time, though I'm sure she would miss her mother if she could grasp the concept of Object Permanence.

I hate sleeping alone. It's just one of those things that you get really accustomed to when you're a married person, I guess. I didn't go to London with Leah because I decided that I should use my vacation time for Quiet Company to go on a small tour in Sept. It hasn't come together as easily as I wanted, which has me kicking myself everyday when Leah tells me how awesome England is.

After Harper goes to bed, I've been working on cleaning up a cabinet that I bought at the government surplus store for my comic books. I've been going to bed shortly after that. My mom has been making awesome food for dinner (chicken & dumplings, fried steak cutlets, English peas, mashed potatoes, and coconut custard pie). So that has made missing my wife a little more bearable.

Tonight, I may go see Inception after Harper goes to bed.

5 comments:

  1. Yay! New post! I'm sorry you miss Leah but your mom is being awesome.

    My boyfriend and I are "arguing" over whether or not Quiet Company is coming to Portland. He claims to have seen it professed in one of our local weeklies but the MySpace page just has a "Demand It" button for "Bring Quiet Company to Portland"...it's not actually listed on Upcoming Shows. Please solve this mystery for us! In the meantime, we are scouring old weeklies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, that's not in the cards anytime soon. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry about it...I like arguing with my boyfriend.

    But you should come to Portland...because it is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about sleeping alone.. when Mat isn't here I pretty much toss and turn all night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just discovered that you were blogging again.So glad to help out with Harper while Leah was gone. We did have a blast and I am glad you enjoyed the food! Love you, son!

    ReplyDelete