Thursday, June 17, 2010

Happy 4/7 year anniversary, me and Leah.

Leah and I have been married for four years, today. As of yesterday, we've been together for seven. (We planned our wedding the day after our anniversary so we didn't have to bother remembering two different dates. Neither of us actually remembered to notice the seven year mark yesterday, though. Oh well.)

Without a doubt, these have been the best seven years of my life, each better than the last. She is my best friend.

I remember when we started getting serious, it was a problem for my friends at the time. I think they felt like I wasn't giving them enough face time, or something. I imagine it is a sort of rejection to essentially have someone say, "I'm sorry, there's just never a time when I'd rather be with you than her. I'm always going to choose her." This is probably a big part of why we have almost all different friends now.

Seven years later and there is still no one else I'd rather be with at any given time. It's such a cliche, I know, but I really do feel like I love her more every day.

Also, my sperm and her egg made a beautiful spawn.

2 comments:

  1. Happy 4th Anniversary to you both! Love you and the family you have become! Give your girls a hug from me and tell Leah to give you a hug from me also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to the both of you! Sara and I are approaching one year (just two weeks before our girl is due to be born, go figure), and I can honestly say that despite being poor, overworked, and being less than thrilled about where we currently live, it has been the best year of my life.
    I know every relationship is different, but for me married life is so much better than single life.

    ReplyDelete