Friday, May 7, 2010

You've come a long way, baby.


Tomorrow, my baby girl will be 1 year old. It's still surreal to me that she exists. This morning she wasn't feeling good or was overly tired, but for whatever reason, she was extra snugly. She isn't one to ever stop moving so if she actually stops long enough to give you a hug, it's a special thing. God, it broke my heart, in the best possible way. It did, however, make it extra sucky that I won't be home again to see her today.

Leah and I are so lucky. We could not have asked for a more beautiful child. I could not have asked for a more beautiful wife.

Tonight is the big EP release show at Encore in Austin. All the VIP tickets sold out, and I believe that the general admissions are doing really well too. This show is the brainchild of our manager, and one of my best friends, Paul. This is a picture of Paul's son, Ryan, and Harper (and my leg). I think it's fairly representative of Paul's and my relationship. He thinks up some cockamamie idea, smiles like it's the most brilliant thing anyone has ever thought of, and I go along with it, though always with the "what the hell?" look.



Should be a good weekend, though, a busy one, and, hopefully, not a stressful one. We have a show tonight, Harper's birthday party tomorrow afternoon, another show tomorrow night, and Mother's Day on Sunday, all while entertaining family.

Leah and I saw Kick-Ass last night and loved it. Really funny, really intense, and really well done all over.

3 comments:

  1. I saw all the RTs on twitter. It sounds like you guys really brought it last night. Hopefully you'll play NY again one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGOMGOMG, Harper. You guys really are so lucky to all love one another the way you do. Happy Birthday to Harper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weekend was wonderful for Harper's birthday and mother's day! Thank you for being my son and for your wonderful daughter!! Sorry we were not able to make the shows, but we are getting too old to keep up with you. We will see the show when you play Tyler though! Love you forever! Mom

    ReplyDelete