Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The wheels of invention are greased with Frank's Redhot


I had a bad dream last night and when I woke up I felt ok about hitting the snooze bar twice and laying in bed longer than my daily pre-work schedule allows to hold my wife. I also took some time before I left to creep quietly into Harper's room and watch her sleep. When I got there, however, she was already awake, making what we affectionately call her "owl noise" and turning on her side. Now I'm at work and missing them both something fierce. I can not wait to go home.

I just got back from a meeting with Paul, Matt and a local filmmaker about doing a video for "On Modern Men." His stuff looks amazing and we're really pumped about the project. We met at my favorite local restaurant, Waterloo Icehouse.

When I woke up this morning I thought to myself, "I'll start eating a granola bar or two for breakfast, a salad for lunch and then whatever I want for dinner and this will be a positive change for a healthier life." Of course, as I constantly forget everything, I forgot my granola bars and I forgot that I was eating at Waterloo today. I know I could've gotten a salad at Waterloo, but I'm not going to miss an opportunity to eat Waterloo hot wings since I don't get to go there very much (Leah's not big on the place). I guess I'll start tomorrow.

I finished A Friendly Letter to Skeptics and Atheists and I really enjoyed it. I found it insightful, humble, and challenging. I wrote an email to the author asking his opinions on some things and I really hope he writes me back. The book isn't preachy, really, but rather an argument for positive effects on culture by religion and faith. I think that if all Christians thought like David Myers then surely there would still be Atheists, but perhaps there wouldn't be a need for the "New Atheists" (Dawkins, Harris, Hitchens, etc.) Though, it seems that Myers enjoys their books as much as I do.

1 comment:

  1. bah, granola bars aren't that great for you anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete