Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Is it raining?! There wasn't a cloud in the sky 10 minutes ago. Yeah man...Nature's crazy.

My beard is getting pretty big, as my beards go. I've decided not to trim it until after SXSW. There's no real reason behind it, it's just the way it's going to be.

SXSW, and all big opportunities that the band gets, always comes with a certain inevitable anxiety. I'm sure it's a combination of the stress of getting around in a people flooded city that I dread, and the fear of colossal failure or being overlooked. Not to mention how much I'll be away from my family and how guilty I'll feel about my wife having to handle everything at home by herself while I chase dreams all over Sixth St. The other side of this coin is that once we get downtown and we're looking a little ridiculous, wearing huge sandwich signs advertising free hugs & music, and we're each hugging hundreds of strangers and introducing them to our music and inviting them to our shows, it's a lot of fucking fun!

My boss brought me the last two seasons of Avatar today, so I'm pumped about that. I assumed that they belonged to his 9 year old son, but I found out today that his son actually gave them to him for Christmas. People always surprise you, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment