Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"the dragon's awake..."



One of my favorite things in the world is when you rediscover records. The two records above are two records that everytime I put them in, I think "Why don't I listen to this all the time?" The first time I heard Kasabian it was on some late night show and I wasn't impressed but I picked up Empire on a whim on a trip to Toronto and it blows me away every time I listen to it. I bought GBV's Do the Collapse on a friend's recommendation and because it was produced by Rick Ocasek but, past a handful of songs, they never really grew on me too much. However, I heard Half Smiles of the Decomposed playing in a record store in Austin and had to pick it up immediately. I think it was their last official record, if I'm not mistaken, which I could be.

Today I took a Harry Potter quiz and got 75 out of 75 questions right but somehow, still didn't get on the leader board. I guess it was timed and I stopped and talked to my coworker for a while in the middle of it.

I'm about 3/4 of the way through Surprised by Faith and about 60% through reading Half-Blood Prince for the 6th time. Surprised by Faith is only 110 pages but its taking longer than it should. I'll talk a lot more about it when I'm completely done with it but suffice to say that its like watching a movie that you've already seen and didn't like but the people you're with insist that its a great movie and you just need to see it again. So you go, only to find that its still the same movie and you're out another $8 and two hours of your life. Maybe he'll wow me at the end.

As always, I miss my wife and daughter today and can't wait til 5 o'clock.

2 comments:

  1. I really love how often you mention Leah and Harper. I know it's natural, because they're the most important people in your life, but it's always so sweet. And I'm really sappy. So. The End.

    ReplyDelete