Thursday, September 24, 2009

Our great war is a spiritual war. Our Great Depression is our lives.



I think my two favorite new shows this season are definitely "Glee" and "Modern Family." Leah and I watched the premier of Modern Family last night and were laughing about it long after it was over. And I'm talking about belly laughs. If every episode is as good as the first one, we could have another Arrested Development on our hands. The first episode of Glee didn't amaze me but I'm loving it more as the characters are developed.

Yay TV!
Yay cold weather!
Yay rain!
Yay my yard coming back to life!

Some of our best friends, The Rocketboys are releasing their new record, 20,000 Ghosts, tonight at Stubb's in Austin. Its going to be a late show but I'm going to drag my bones down there and support. I'm sure it will make getting up for work tomorrow really fun.

I wouldn't say I'm the only liberal at my work because a few of the guys are very liberally minded when it comes to social issues, but on fiscal issues I'm the only one that leans left. It makes for some interesting conversations. Today, I just don't feel like talking about it with them, though. I'm, honestly, not that informed anymore because I guess I don't really care that much. All I know is when I hear people on the left talk, I typically like what I hear and when I hear people on the right talk, I typically don't like what I hear. Everyone is so concerned with the economy but I'm wondering if it makes any difference to fix the economy if we're going to continue to participate in a culture that is killing the world and forcing people into unfulfilling lives. My life is fulfilling because I have an amazing family and I also get to make music, but if I was just a guy without those things and all I did was work this job to earn money to buy goods and services, I would probably feel like my life was pretty meaningless. I wonder how many people are like that in America, how many in the world? I think the answer is to stop participating in the culture. The big question is how to do that. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment