Monday, January 25, 2010

"The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also." the damn genius, Mark Twain.

I'm working on controlling my portions and not eating until I hate myself and yesterday, Leah and I committed to actually doing Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred for 30 consistent days. I'm posting it here in an attempt to hold myself accountable. I'm relatively sure that I will be hating life for about 25 minutes a day for the next 30 days.

Leah, Harper, and I drove to Tyler for the weekend to see some friends get married. It was a double wedding (2 brides, 2 grooms) so that was interesting. One of the brides and the other groom were siblings so they just decided to all get married at the same time. It was a beautiful night, though the ceremony was a little heavy on the "only god centered marriages can hope to last" thing, for my tastes. Robin and Jeremy were there, as well as several old friends from Tyler, and Leah and I danced the night away with all of them. Harper got to hang out with my parents all night so I'm sure she had a good time.

I love seeing all our family and friends in Tyler, not to mention the fact that some of the best restaurants in the world are there (Taqueria El Lugar, Bruno's Pizza etc.), but I hate the drive. I dread it. I've never liked it but now it takes even longer with Harper in tow.

Tonight, we've got an interview for FestivalCrashers.com and then rehearsal. Should be fun. Festival Crashers declared us their favorite Austin band after our Free Week show at Emo's, so color us honored.

I wonder if I should swing by Academy on the way home and pick up a jock strap. There's a lot of jumping jacks in that workout video and I get really sick of my balls slapping my leg. Doesn't everyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment