Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I WANT RIBS!!!

So the Democrats lost the race in Massachusetts and that will probably be what kills the health care reform bill. I am a little disappointed because the last I heard (which was several months ago) things were going OK in Mass. It's probably naive to suggest that this doesn't send some kind of message about what a lot of Americans think about the health care reform bill.

Health care reform was one of the big issues that influenced my vote for president. I don't think anyone is saying that we don't need health care reform in this country, but I think this bill became pretty different from the kind of thing we wanted, pretty quickly. So I'm not terribly fussed about it. This felt rushed and like we were putting the cart before the horse too often. Plus, if there's not a public option, what's the point anyway? Also, if it's not single payer, what's the point anyway? They tried to make everyone happy, so of course, as a result, no one is happy.

I still think we need socialized health care like every other industrialized country in the world has. I realize that their systems are not perfect and that in some ways we'd be trading our current problems for theirs, but if your waiting around for anything in life to be perfect to function, you should probably kill yourself.

I digress.

I don't know how anyone stays in politics. Just being aware of politics makes me lose hope. I wish I could just not vote anymore but I believe that if you don't vote, you can't complain, and I love complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment