Wednesday, January 27, 2010

"Man is the only animal that blushes - or needs to." - Mark Twain

I just realized that if I had to pick a favorite actor, something I've never really thought about, I would probably pick Bill Murray. I started to make this a top 5 and bottom 5 Bill Murray movie post, but thought better of it. I could only think of 2 movies of his, that I've seen, that deserve to be on the bottom of anything and they are "Lost In Translation" and "Broken Flowers." Both of those movies I came out of the theatre thinking, "what the hell was the point of that movie?" Less so with LIT than with BF but still...

Few people have mastered delivery like Bill Murray. In Ghostbusters, when the guy says "Must be some big cockroaches." and Murray says, "...they'll bite your head off, man" it doesn't seem that funny in print, but to hear him say it is stupid funny.

In a couple of weeks I have to spend the week in Waco for some insurance claims related education. This is good because I'm getting ready to get a promotion but that week is going to suck for Leah and I. I'll come back to town for practice on Monday night and my birthday on Wednesday, so I'll be around a little bit. Waco's less than an hour and a half a way so it's not the end of the world to drive back a night or two. But for most of that week I'll be stuck in a hotel in Waco. Oh well, hanging out in a hotel on the company dime's not the worst way to go about making more money.

2 days of working out done. I'm actually not as sore today as yesterday so that's good. Still need that jock strap though, my nuts hate working out.

3 comments:

  1. I was less sore today too. I guess that means progress? Just finished my day 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, yes! Bill Murray is and always has been my absolute favorite. I liked Lost in Translation even if smarmy ass Scarlett Johanson ruined it. Broken Flowers I'm still undecided on. But he is at his most awesome, I think, in Scrooged. And What About Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen just about every Bill Murray film made so here are my favorites...
    1. Stripes - As a college kid, I could not watch that movie enough. I could have been in this movie, I knew evey line.
    2. What about Bob - Bill at his crazy best.
    3. Ghostbusters - I think this would have to be his biggest grossing movie - great plot idea.
    4. Groundhog Day - No ensemble cast here, it is all Bill all the time.
    5. The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou - I know this one is a little different, but I thought it very entertaining.

    One classic Bill Murray movie I am not crazy about is Caddyshack, I am a golfer, but it just doesn't do it for me. You need to see the Biography Channel show on the making of Caddyshack. It was apparently one big boozed up drug party on and off the set. I was also not aware that Bill and Chevy Chase did not like each other at all. Something from their SNL history together.

    ReplyDelete