Friday, October 2, 2009

I wonder if Phil Collins ever feels this way...

We've got a big show tonight. ACL afterparty as direct support for Los Lonely Boys at Momo's. We had practice last night and I always hate practicing the night before a show but with all of us being adults with adult schedules sometimes you have to take what you can get. So just like with every big show my anxiety manifests itself by convincing me that my voice may very well go out tonight mid set. Its not exactly completely psychosomatic, as it has happened before. Its one of the reasons I prefer a shorter set to a longer one. I'm sure that just like always, when we get on stage and things are going well, I'll forget that my voice feels shaky and remember how ridiculously fun it is to make and play music.

Leah just came by my office with Harper and brightened my day. My wife and daughter are amazing and I miss them terribly throughout the workday. Next Wednesday, Leah and I are going on a double date with Tommy and Betsy to see David Bazan play at the Mohawk. I can't wait to see him play with a full band again. I've seen him a few times as Pedro the Lion and he's always a great time.

I've started reading A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court due to my resolution to read more Mark Twain. I've also brought along The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, which I've never read but has been sitting on my shelf for a long time. I suppose Leah has read it.

The Beatles are really, really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment