Monday, December 7, 2009

"Do you even know how to work this thing?" "I invented it, didn't I? You wouldn't ask Thomas Edison if he knew how to work a Sex-matron."

One more show tonight and hopefully, it will be over in time to get a little rest before work tomorrow. I'm very tired but this weekend has been a lot of fun. Now I'm most excited about some down time with my family and finishing the EP.

My father's always telling me not to "burn the candle at both ends." I don't think I do. Maybe there's a generational gap between what he and I think is an acceptable level of activity. I just feel like life is painfully short and I have a lot of things I need to get done before I move on. I may have said it before but one of my biggest fears is dying with a lot of unfinished business. If life was a slice of pizza from the mall, I want to be the guy that uses the last bit of crust to mop up every bit of grease that has drizzled off onto the plate and eats it. I assume that I will sleep when I'm dead...figuratively speaking. In literal terms, I plan on being asleep by (no later than) 1am.

Horns are almost done on the EP. We hope to get the strings and choir in in the next week or so. After those things are done, there's just a handful of things to track and re-track and we'll be ready to start mixing. Yay.

Come to the Parish in Austin tonight for the (actual) last Quiet Company show of the year. Here's some things nice people are saying about the show:
Austin Bloggy
Ian Morales' Music Blog
And here is the article that's in the Statesman today.
the 'Nites blog

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading and listening to all of the reviews!! Way to go Taylor and band! Break a leg tonight and then rest up the rest of the year. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete