Monday, December 14, 2009

I reached for the last one they had, but so did another man. As I rained blows upon him, I realized there had to be another way.


I feel like we had a pretty eventful weekend but I can't remember anything about Friday or Saturday now that I sit down to write about it. I remember that on Saturday, after Harper went to bed, Leah and I watched Up and in the first 10 minutes of the movie I was crying. Not just teary eyed but flat out crying, even more than I did the first time I saw it. How did I get to this point? At one time, I was the guy that never cried at movies, but since Leah and I have been together I've cried while watching The Notebook, Jersey Girl, Up and even Homeward Bound. Yeah, the one about the pets.

At some point this weekend we were informed that our song "Its Better To Spend Money Like There's No Tomorrow Than Spend Tonight Like There's No Money," was going to be on the season premier of, like, the 3rd worst show on American television, Keeping Up With The Kardashians. So that was weird. Its cool to have your song played on national television but strange to have it associated with a show like that. The shows on the E! Network don't credit the music at any point during the show either so I'm not sure how much good it really does a band, but oh well.

In equally scary news, Harper figured out how to pull herself up this weekend, which means that there is now a lot of falling in our immediate future. We lowered her mattress in her crib so she doesn't jump out but now we're worried about her pulling herself up in her crib and then falling into the sides. She only learned to crawl a week ago! Why is she growing so fast? I guess she's got nothing else better to do.

Leah and I went back to the studio on Sunday to retrack her vocals and I think we're all going to be really glad we did. I think she was more relaxed this time and I think that will show on the recording.

I love my wife. Sometimes, I'm really overwhelmed by how extremely fortunate I am to have her as a partner. She is the best wife and mother that Harper and I could ask for. I hope that when Harper's old enough to understand these things, she doesn't take it for granted how lucky she is to be loved the way Leah loves her.

The holiday season is upon us. Leah and I have just about finished all our shopping and we'll be going to east Texas this weekend to celebrate with our family. Being that this is my first holiday as a Humanist, I guess I won't technically be celebrating Christmas. I'll be celebrating Festivus. I just need to find a pole before we get on with the Feats of Strength and the Airing of Grievances.

I got a lot of problems with you people! And now you're gonna hear about it!

3 comments:

  1. Back in the day if I heard songs that I liked but didn't know on TV I would write down they lyrics if I had a pen & paper handy but if I didn't I would memorize a few phrases...then I would google them later to find out what the song was. I like to think other people would do something like that.
    The only reason I don't do that anymore is because I don't have television.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Homeward Bound is a tear-jerker. No shame, there.

    Happy Festivus! We celebrated with some friends a few years back with "Feets" of Strength - foot/leg wrestling is awesome. And humiliating (for Jarod).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! No bagel no bagel no bagel no bagel!

    ReplyDelete